This recipe yields 1 Eggless portion. A love combination of berry loaded cake with gourmet glaze and caramel whipped cream – this cake is one of the best you’ll have !!
- Preheat the oven at 180 ̊C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Grease and line a 4 inch tall ring with cling wrap and followed by aluminium foil.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then add lemon zest and chopped cranberries
- In another bowl, mix together sugar, curd, oil and vanilla essence.
- Now fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Pour batter in the greased tin and bake at 180 ̊C (OTG mode: lower rod only) for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Caramel Whipped Cream
- For caramel, in a saucepan, heat sugar and water until it reaches an amber colour. Now remove saucepan from heat and add in warm cream, whisking continuously. Then add in butter and mix well.
- In a bowl, beat whipping cream till soft peaks.
- Now add caramel to the whipped cream and mix well. Transfer the caramel whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with grass nozzle. Keep aside for further use.
- In a bowl, mix together melted milk chocolate and oil.
- Lastly add in chopped roasted almonds and mix. Keep aside for further use.
- Once the cake cools down, demould it and place it on a wire rack (place cling wrap below wire rack).
- Now pour gourmet glaze over the cooled cake. Then using grass nozzle, pipe caramel whipped cream over glazed cake.
- Finish off by placing cherries.